Every session I went to felt entirely worth the time and effort to be there. I greatly appreciated the focus on equity and diverse leadership and community-driven solutions. I also appreciated the substantive talks on moving from planning to implementation.
Proud affiliate event of the Global Climate Action Summit
The 2018 Summit will bring people together from around the world to showcase climate action and inspire deeper commitments from national governments, and one another, in support of the Paris Agreement. The Summit will spur climate action in five key areas: healthy energy systems, inclusive economic growth, sustainable communities, land and ocean stewardship and transformative climate investments. Now is the time to take climate action to the next level and step up to meet the climate challenge head-on! Learn more about the Global Climate Action Summit at globalclimateactionsummit.org.
Sponsor Spotlight: Jupiter Intelligence
Jupiter provides property-level, probabilistic climate risk data and analytics for operational and long-term planning. Our data enables asset owners and their partners to better understand physical climate risk, quantify their exposure, and identify risk mitigation strategies.
- Jupiter’s analytics cover hazards including flooding, extreme heat, and wildfires.
- With its core scientific team, Jupiter integrates peer-reviewed science with the latest cloud computing and machine learning technology to provide statistically rigorous, scalable, and customizable solutions.
- Jupiter works with partners across industries including financial services, reinsurance, engineering construction, real estate, and the public sector to develop comprehensive resiliency strategies.
Looking to build resilient communities and economies together? Learn more on our website.
Sponsor Spotlight: Union of Concerned Scientists
The Union of Concerned Scientists works to ensure that rigorous science is used in advancing climate solutions to reduce global warming pollution, promote renewable energy and clean transportation, and advocate for climate resilience in California and the rest of the United States.
- Underwater report and interactive tool: Learn about the risks of sea level rise to coastal property in your community, including current property value, estimated population, and portion of the property tax base at risk.
- When Rising Seas Hit Home report and interactive maps: Examine the extent of chronic flooding in the future where you live and work as sea level rises through interactive online maps.
- Built to Last report: An analysis of the current technical and policy landscape, challenges and opportunities for climate-smart infrastructure.
- Getting Involved in Groundwater handbook and technical assistance tool: Explaining hydrologic concepts, tools and resources, and ways to engage within the context of the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act.
- Toward Climate Resilience framework and principles: Principles for decision makers to prioritize investments in adaptation.
Sponsor Spotlight: ICF
Developing an effective climate change adaptation plan can be a tall order—which is why the right
partner is critical. With ICF, you’ll be prepared to tackle any phase of the process. Contact us to learn more about:
- Partnership development: Forge connections with networks and others in California who can
- Policy expertise: Navigate complex state policy and planning systems with confidence.
- Data collection and analysis: Fortify your decisions with advanced data analytics, visualization,
adaptation planning, custom adaptation analysis, and climate modeling.
Just getting started? Check out our Adaptation Capability Advancement Toolkit (Adapt-CA).
Sponsor Spotlight: Center for Ocean Solutions
How can California communities respond to the #threats of rising sea levels, growing coastal populations and more damaging storms that threaten our beaches, wetlands and coastal livelihoods? Check out these new resources from Stanford Center for Ocean Solutions & the Natural Capital Project:
- Coastal Adaptation Policy Briefs – A compilation of 17 specific adaptation strategies, tradeoffs, considerations, and examples for coastal planners
- Coastal Adaptation Online Viewer – View coastal exposure, protective role of habitat, and priority adaptation areas
Together these resources can help advance #sustainable, strategic coastal adaptation planning – protecting people and property now and for the future.
2016 Forum Participant
I enjoyed the variation of leaders that spoke about their different methods. It is refreshing to hear from areas and people who are often considered to be against the idea of climate change come back with helpful solutions and practices.
2016 Forum Participant
This was an excellent chance to think outside of my environmental sector and better recognize that there are many sectors (transportation, housing, etc.) facing similar issues and that we will need to work together collaboratively and learn from each other to implement climate adaptation that best serves Californians.
2016 Forum Participant
I thought the forum was great. Everyone I met was positive and encouraging. At no time, did I feel that things were hopeless, but the opposite, it gave me hope to see so many knowledgable, interested and passionate people. The networking was invaluable.
2014 Forum Participant